Search This Blog

Thursday, January 21, 2010

My stance on the two party system.

I want to clarify my stance on the two major political parties in the United States.

Although I consider myself conservative to the core this does not mean I side with the Republican party blindly on all issues. Some would read my posts & think I love the Republicans & despise the Democrats.

Let me assure you I despise them both nearly equally.
You see the modern Republican party is far from conservative.

My definition of conservative:
1. Fiscal responsibilty: G.W Bush put us in a tremendous amount of debt with pork barrel spending & un-neccessary social programs. Reagan was pretty good in this area but since then the rule is to spend spend spend & spend some more. Who does this money really belong to or come from? You & I the taxpayers thats where. Our leaders should be good stewards of our tax dollars. They are not.

2. Border control: We have not had a single president (Rep or Dem) that has the balls to protect our own borders. Both Bush & Clinton signed NAFTA, at the time they said it would help all of North America. How did that work for Mexcio? Is that why they keep hopping the fence to come "work" here? I thought that we would all benefit from this trade agreement & yet Mexico is still a third world country.
Good fences make good neighbors.

3. Culture, language & tradition: None of our politicians make any attempt to stand for our common traditions & our language. If anything they side with those that would say that somehow our traditions & culture are offensive, right down to the religion of our people.

4. Common defense of the American People: The Republicans have a slight edge here due to being willing to at least take some action, however in a time of war even they pull our punches. Caving in to a lack of public support & liberalism lost us Vietnam & has been a factor in every war we have been involved in since.
I hate war but when neccessary wars are won with overwhelming force & violence. If a country cannot commit to the level of horror required then they cannot win. FDR was a dem but he at least had the balls to drop two big ones on Japan.
Was it pretty? Of course not. Was it horrible? Yes in a way, but guess what we won. Enough said war over. War requires a level barbarism that most people cannot accept however the alternative is failure & an un-neccessary loss of life with nothing to show for it.

I can't vote for a Democrat, lets face it their policies are pretty much communist.
I can't vote for Republican either. They are basically Democrat - lite.
(Schwarzenegger...really? How is California doing right now?)

I would rather vote for an American with American ideals & values.
Now if only I could find one somewhere.
If you happen to be one let me know & I'll vote for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment